Sunday, August 19, 2007

Rise from the ashes

As Collin so thoughtfully detailed below, my near catastrophic finger injury came close to ending my dreams of a rock and roll/pro football co-career. But, as I lie wrapped in ice, I have vowed to make a comeback of Corey Haim proportions. I WILL overcome my newly acquired handicap, in spite of the naysayers and children's screams of horror. I will overcome!

Oh, and it's my pointer finger. Come on Collin. I know UW-Eau Claire gives out free journalism degrees if you haven't "earned" a real degree after 5 years, but fact checking can be part of the job (unless you work for Fox News).

I want to thank you for all of the kind words and beautiful cards that I've received since my injury last Friday. With your undying encouragement, I know I'll be able to melt faces in Rochester this weekend.

Be the miracle folks. Be the miracle.

1 comment:

Collin of the "Sub-Sides" said...

Nice work on the Star Wars force lightning... nerd.

Question; didn't you graduate from EC too, with a degree in Journalism?

LOVE the Fox rip... your Christian Conservative brother will be so pissed.