Monday, January 28, 2008

My true calling...

Friends, I write to bring you news which both saddens and excites my heart. After much internal strife, I have decided to temporarily resign my position as guitarist and back-up vocalist for Minnesota's Best New Cover band*, The Subsidies in lieu of pursuing a career in Guitar Hero. My eyes were opened to my true calling this past weekend as I made quick work of contenders during a GH competition at local wattering hole, Billy's on Grand. Easy, medium, hard, expert - I rocked-steady through all songs of Guitar Hero 3 at all difficulty levels as my competition fumbled their way into anonymity. Having risen to the challenge in similar fashion many times before throughout the local scene, I finally proved to myself and all others present I could compete at a national level. I'm not going to let comments like "guitar hero is not like playing real guitar OR being a real hero," "dude, you can only win $50 a pop at those competitions," or even "real guitar heroes get STD's" hold me back from dropping out of life for a while in order to attain my true dream of beating all contenders into a calloused, bloody pulp of tendonitis and vitamin-D deficiency. YEAH!

I plan to begin my assent to fame and notoriety next weekend at the Madison regional GH open. Song of choice? Knights of Cydonia by Muse. Let the heroics begin! Updates to follow.


*according to Tiffany's Sports Lounge - Fall '07

No comments: