Sunday, September 30, 2007

Oh, the magic of flight...

"Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.” -- Plato

Ah, yes oh wise Plato dude, music does indeed give flight to the imagination, but apparently not to the body.

We all had a great time at Bunker's Friday night. After our set, Ben from Summite Ave. called me up on stage to do backup vocals on a tune. We'd been drinking free beer and people had been buying us shots all night. I was more than happy to jump up on stage again. After I got done singing, I though it would be a great idea to make my grandiose exit by leaping from the front of the stage. It was going just as planned until my right foot hit the floor.

"I cannot fly. I cannot fly. I cannot fly. I cannot fly. I cannot fly. I cannot fly. I cannot fly. I cannot fly. I cannot fly. I cannot fly. I cannot fly. ..."

on second though:

"I CAN fly. I cannot LAND."

No comments: